Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's the first day of March

Finally, we are getting closer to Spring. Here in Michigan it's 28 degrees today. That's actually very warm. Last week, we had days that didn't get above zero. I'm happy the days are longer and that Spring is not far now.

This type of Michigan weather makes for perfect days to stay in and cook healthy delicious food. I don't feel guilty staying in my kitchen and not going outside. Plus, with having the oven on, it warms up the house. It's eleven am and I've started on a couple things I can eat this week.

Here's what I am working on in my kitchen:
  • Protective Diet Chia Jam (I'll use for my oatmeal this week)
  • Veggie Broth (cooking a very basic broth in my Instant Pot- onions, leeks, carrots and celery)
  • Dried Chick Peas are soaking (I'll cook these up in my Instant Pot when my broth is done.)
  • Protective Diet Chocolate Bird Seed
I think I'll make P.D. Chickpea Cucumber Salad later today. I'll look to see what other recipes look good, so I can make up my lunch for tomorrow. Hope you are staying warm and enjoying March 1st wherever you are.

If you are new to Protective Diet, you have to create a login to see her yummy recipes. She has two types of recipes on the site: free and premium. I invite you to create a free login on the Protective Diet site to try her free healthy recipes. I'm confident that you will love them like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment