Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Tools for a Protective Diet

I have to admit that you will need more tools to cook healthy than to eat freezer meals or canned soups. Over the last 9 months, I've been gradually adding more items to my kitchen to help me prepare meals.

Here's some of the things I've purchased that I think you'll need
  • 2 Silicon Baking Mats (Buy these right away...these are very important when not cooking with oil) and 2 baking pans
  • Sharp knives for chopping
  • Storage containers (I like the 4 cup glass bowls with plastic lids for soups and salads for lunch. I find I need more containers now that I did before for storing food.)
  • Blender - One day I'll get a high speed blender, but so far I have a Ninja Mega Kitchen System
  • Silicon muffin liners (a silicon muffin or ceramic pan would work also, but these were a lot cheaper).
  • Mixing Bowls
  • Measuring spoons and cups 
  • Rolling Pin
  • Pots and pans for cooking soups/onions, etc.
These are not essential but I like to have
  • Instant Pot (pressure cooker for making rice, vegetable broth, etc.) 
  • Cutting board
  • 1 Gallon paint strainer (I picked this up just recently to make Rice Milk).
  • Cast Iron tortilla press (this was only $20 at Amazon. I used my points and have already recouped my cost by not buying premade corn tortilla shells since January.)
  • Food processor
  • Flour sack towels (for wrapping and storing your herbs and green onions)

No comments:

Post a Comment