After leaving home, I ate oatmeal occasionally. It was usually the pre-flavored oatmeal in the little packages. It was probably only 3 years ago that I first tried steel cut oats and realized I really like those also.
It amazes me that oats are so healthy and taste so good. I read an article on www.whfoods.com talking about all the health benefits below and much more.
- Good source of copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, dietary fiber, chromium, zinc, and protein.Lower Cholesterol Levels
- High Fiber
- Enhanced Immune Response to Infection
- Stabilize Blood Sugar
- Health promoting activity equal to or even higher than that of fruit and vegetables
Here's some ways I eat my oats:
- Steel Cut oats (cooked on stove or Instant Pot) with frozen fruit (usually blueberries)
- Cooked Old Fashioned oats with frozen blueberries, frozen mixed fruit or bananas (sometimes I add some vanilla)
- Homemade Granola
- Cooked Old Fashioned oats with baked apples (or applesauce), cinnamon and nutmeg
- Soaked Overnight oats with chia seeds and soymilk. In the morning, I add banana slices or frozen fruit.
- Chocolate Bird Seed P.D. Premium Recipe
Do you eat oats? How do you eat your oats?